Thursday, January 30, 2014

Final: Story

For my story, I documented my mom's typical day. I did this because my mom always has the craziest days, working two jobs and being a single parent, she does a lot. I am not able to take pictures of her working because she works in a counseling office. But this is a typical day at home with mama Shahna. 
My mom's constantly caring for us, my brothers wanted quiche so my mom got on it as soon as she got home. 

It's funny to watch my mom cook because she kind of gets in a zone. I don't even know if she realized I was taking pictures of her. 

Ah, there it is. I don't know why but everyone loves my mom's quiche. I don't, I think it's a weird combination of food. But she's the master of quiche making, "I'm kind of a stud in the kitchen..." my mom said to me. 

I usually do the laundry and folding, but with finals and stress overload she decided to take a little off of my plate for the night. I remember when she first taught me how to do laundry, it was awful, who likes chores?

My mom's boyfriend is a private investigator for insurance companies so he's gone a lot. She always misses him when he's gone, and she calls him every night. After I took this I gave her space and asked her later, if something was wrong because she looked sad, and she said "I was just thinking about how badly I wanted some cookies."

This is Bryce, my mom was his youth group leader when he was in high school and now he's kind of like a mentor to my brothers. My mom would probably pay someone so she could listen to them talk about their life or day, she loves it.  

She's always up to something. Nothing mischievous, but I feel like she never gets a break. 

She ends everyday with little games on her phone and watching the news, I guess that's her relaxation for the day. After following her around and experiencing what she's doing with her, I realized she needs a break. I'm going to buy her dinner tonight. 

3 comments:

  1. Kylie I love the idea of your story because moms are never the subject of a story and it was cool to see someone elces point of view of your moms day because she probably things what she is doing is normal and not interesting at all. My favorite picture is the one where she is walking outside because it kind of is a story starter all on its own. My least favorite picture is the picture of the quiche because I don’t think it really adds to the story at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your story. It is a very simple, but touching story and it really brings out what being human is all about. The pictures conveyed the feelings, and overall the pictures really are really good. I really like the picture of your mom folding laundry and calling her boyfriend because those two really bring out what is in our everyday lives. I think my least favorite part would be all the pictures of the preparation of the quiche, simply because there so many pictures of one thing. And it makes me really hungry, but other than that the other pictures are great, and have a lot of meaning in them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i liked these pictures i like your story overall, it seems like it mwans alot to your mom and family! the feelings in this is very warmn and comforting and i love that about these pictures. my favorite is of your mom sitting and think and my least favorite is of the food, maybe a different angle of it or something could have helpede but overall, good job.

    ReplyDelete